For my sit spot activity, I ended up sketching a pencil, a garden bucket, a grape leaf, and a butterfly moving around nearby. I picked the pencil and the bucket as my two non-living things because they were right there in front of me and felt super practical. The pencil is literally what I was using to draw everything, but when you look at it closely, it's just straight lines, a 3D hexagonal tube, and a sharp point. The bucket was sitting in the dirt, and even though it's just a basic piece of garden gear, its shape is a classic 3D geometry problem, designed with a wider top and narrower base so it holds a bunch of water or dirt. For the living stuff, the leaf and the butterfly just kind of stood out while I was sitting quietly. I drew the spruce tree leaf because of how neat its vein patterns looked up close, branching out from a centre line like a tiny tree. The butterfly was hovering nearby, and watching it move was super cool as I figured out something that I never noticed...
Comments
Post a Comment